Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January is Braille Literacy Month

Where would we be without Louis Braille? Surely, by now someone else would have created a communication system for the blind, but who knows! Louis Braille is definitely someone to be honored worldwide. January is also special because it is Louis Braille's birthday. I've decided to celebrate by learning something new about braille!

I have learned Grade 1 braille, but have yet to teach myself any of the contractions of Grade 2. This month I am making it my personal goal to learn 20 contractions. I found a great resource at the Braille Through Remote Learning www.BRL.org site to use as my guide. I encourage everyone to take on a similar challenge as well! Share your ideas with us by leaving a comment below. Maybe we can all keep each other encouraged and motivated to accomplish our goals!

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the comments!